Please bring your lunch, a water bottle and any beverages. I’ll have water on the boat.
- 0830 – Bill attend Security / RC Meeting at Ft Adams
- 1015 – Be on boat at Navy Marina
- 1030 – Vento Solare Underway for RC Dockout
- 1130 – Set up Pro-Am course
- 1300 – Set up In Port Course
- 1355 – Warning
- 1600 Vento Solare Approximate return to slip
For Emergencies: Hail U.S.Coast Guard on VHF 16
Race Related Spectator Information: VHF 88A
Race Committee Information: VHF 72
GPS and Nav. Systems should be set to DD.MM.mmm format
Volunteers should bring a personal reusable water bottle
On water personnel should dress appropriately for multiple hours outdoors -prepare for any kind of weather/sea conditions. Dress in layers, don’t wear cotton clothing
Daily Race Management meeting will be held at old Sail Newport building, Stake & Marshal boat representation is mandatory. Debrief of previous day’s event, assignments and lunches will be distributed at that time. Reference schedule for daily meeting times
Daily location assignments for Stake Boats will be distributed by phone and email each evening starting on PRACTICE RACE DAY, May 16
GENERAL MARSHAL/STAKE BOAT GUIDELINES
- Spectators afloat will want to get close to the action. Be courteous, specific and firm!
- One person should remain at the helm and another communicate with spectators
- Encourage intruders to move out from the Race Course by giving them specific instructions –such as “please move to the west”
- Make sure your radio remains on the appropriate channel –low power should suffice
- We are not authority figures, but positive ambassadors for the sport
- In the event of an emergency involving a spectator boat, call the Coast Guard on Ch 16
- Race Event Management will control competitor emergency situations
- You will be given specific coordinates to hover, not anchor your vessel, it is important to maintain this position.
- You are expected to command or delegate command to a competent operator and provide an assistant to help perform the duties of the Stake Boat
- A maximum of three “crew” is to be observed, and YOU MAY bring guests, provided they do not provide a distraction
- Communications with Race Management will be conducted according to the Communication Plan
Mark please meet Deb Smith 10am at Newport Nautical to bring her on base.
Registered: Yes Fees Paid: N/A
Be at Navy Marina Slip A49 - Wed May 16th @ 10:15AM EDTEvent Website: Matt Dugan
Post # 325