Canceled: Cuttyhunk Twenty Hundred Club Race

Click to view map
When:
July 11, 2020 @ 9:15 am – 4:00 pm
2020-07-11T09:15:00-04:00
2020-07-11T16:00:00-04:00
Boat Location:
Navy Marina Slip A49
17 Perry Rd
Newport, RI 02841
USA
Club:
Twenty Hundred Club
Canceled: Cuttyhunk Twenty Hundred Club Race @ Navy Marina Slip A49 | Newport | Rhode Island | United States

This event is canceled

~ Canceled by THC due to Weather. Anyone who wants to sail Sunday in the bay, let me know. ~

Roland please meet Matt 0900 @ Courtyard Marriott to drive on base.

Party at Cuttyhunk on the dock after race to go over results.  We are staying on a mooring and will share a ride on a dinghy to shore.  There are bathrooms on the dock.  The Fishermans club is closed so no Sunday breakfast ashore this year. Return Sunday.

Start by Rose Island Warning 1036, Start 1041
Website: http://twentyhundredclub.org/race-page/

Racing with OD sails and Code 0.

Bill has the cooking utensils, disposable plates & plasticware, water jugs to fill water bottles, coffee & percolator. Also bringing V-Berth cushions, boom tent and cockpit table.

Meal Plan – Each Crew to volunteer for a meal

  • Sat Lunch – sandwiches, fruit, chips or equivalent
  • Sat Dinner – salad, hot dish in foil pan for oven (e.g. pasta & meat, mac & cheese, etc.), rolls & wine
  • Sun Breakfast – hard boiled eggs, oatmeal or cereal packets or granola bars, yogurt, juice (Bill has coffee)
  • Sun Lunch – sandwiches, fruit, chips or equivalent
  • Snacks – fruit, nuts, sweet stuff, etc.

We will be on a mooring – bring a bathing suit. Stern shower will be available. Bring sleeping bag, & towel.

We will depart Cuttyhunk Sunday mid morning after breakfast and cleanup.

Registered: Yes   Fees Paid: Yes   Uniform: Wear white shirts
Payment Link : , Notice of RaceScratch SheetSailing Instructions

Be at Navy Marina Slip A49 - Sat July 11th @ 9:15AM

Crew Color Codes: Green crew is confirmed. Yellow crew need to verify with Skipper. Red does not crew for event. White crew position assignment not made yet and tally as Maybe - need to verify with Skipper.
 Name Position AssignmentAvailable Crew Comment
Bill HelmBringing Sunday lunch & snacks
Gardner ForedeckI'll do Sunday breakfast and also contribute to "snacks"
MattZ Headsail TrimmerI'll take care of Saturday lunch - sandwiches/snacks/fruit. Will also bring some beer
RolandH MastI'll do Saturday dinner. Probably some sort of pasta dish!
Total Crew 4 = Confirmed (4) + Maybe (0) -- Maybe includes Available with no position assigned
Post # 3522

Permanent link to this article: https://vs.j109.org/event/cuttyhunk-twenty-hundred-club-race-2-2/

6 comments

Skip to comment form

    • Bill on July 9, 2020 at 9:05 am
      Author

    Cuttyhunk race update: The Twenty Hundred Club board just had a Zoom meeting to discuss the weather and potential impact on the race Saturday. Currently the race conditions Saturday have 5 foot seas and gusts to 35 kts.

    Based on the discussion, we plan to have another look at 0800 Friday morning and determine one of 3 options:

    • Run race as scheduled
    • Delay race until Sunday
    • Cancel race

    If the race is moved to Sunday, I would like to know if each of you is available, or have other commitments.  I realize this is short notice, so no problem if we have to cancel.  The final call with the plan will be made Friday mid morning.

    Thanks!

  1. Bill – tracking the weather; bummer forecast.  I have a commitment Sunday night so would be unavailable for a Sunday race/overnight at Cuttyhunk.

    If race is cancelled, or if delayed but Vento doesn’t race, I’m available for Sun practice sail if you/other crew still want to get on the water.

    Gardner

    • MattZ on July 9, 2020 at 11:03 am

    Hi Bill,

    I can join the race on Sunday, but would have to return the same day (working on Monday).

    Matt

     

  2. I can sail Sunday, but would need to return the same day for work on Monday

  3. Bill – wanted to clarify my earlier response.  If race is delayed to Sunday and it’s possible to do the race and return to NAVSTA marina by 6pm, I can sail.  

    Look forward to update from the call tomorrow morning.

    Gardner

  4. Bill – tracking cancellation.  I would love to sail on Sunday in the bay.

Leave a Reply