– J/109 Vento Solare 2021 Schedule is Ready for Your Inputs! –
Hello %firstname% %lastname%,
The Summary: for those who don’t read details!
- Set availability for 2021 Events at this link (choose 2021 in year dropdown)
- Update Personal Profile with weight for OD events, World Sailing ID & Classification, Clothing Size & COVID-19 contact tracing information on the J/109 Vento Solare website – mouse over Crew and click on Edit my Profile.
This message is being sent to a select with the 2021 schedule before it is blasted to a wider group. I would like you to please look at the J/109 Vento Solare 2021 schedule and set your availability for events. This is easiest done logging in to the J/109 Vento Solare site, from the Crew menu select Availability and once the page opens select 2021 for the year. There is a text field next to the Availability dropdown where you may submit a comment if desired. Please set your availability (yes, no or maybe) no later than Friday 18 December. Once the inputs are received, I’ll make a determination which events are definite, make crew assignments and blast an email to a wider audience to fill gaps. Note that the schedule may be adjusted if we can’t get enough crew for certain events.
I’m assuming a full schedule with the pandemic behind us, but time will tell. Many of the events are the same as past years. The following highlights 2021 events in addition to the regular Jamestown YC series. There are other events on the schedule too.
One Design Events
- Cedar Point OD Regatta 5-6 June
- New York YC Annual Regatta Around the Island – 11 June
- New York YC Annual Regatta 12-13 June
- Block Island Race Week (J/109 East Coast Championship) 21-25 June (Rooms reserved at Payne’s Inn)
- Conanicut ATI Race (if we can 5 boats for OD class, otherwise PHRF) 5 September
- NA Championship is in Chicago so we won’t be racing that
Away Events Not Listed for OD (Boat away from Newport)
- Owen Mitchell Spring BI Race 29-31 May
- Cuttyhunk Twenty Hundred Club Race 17-18 July
- Block Island Twenty Hundred Club Race 7-9 August
- Fall Off Soundings 17-18 September (Potential LI Wine Tasting Sunday 19 Sept)
- Cliff Mitchell Fall BI Race 9-11 October
- NE Solo Twin Double-handed Race 23-24 July (Date not yet firm)
- Ida Lewis Distance Race 13-14 August (Date not yet firm)
Local Races & Events
- Around Aquidneck Twenty Hundred Club Race 19 June
- Prince Henry Twenty Hundred Club Race 28 August
- Sail for Hope 11 September
Delivery Help Needed
- Deliver Newport to Pilot’s Point Marina 2 June
- Deliver Pilots Point to CPYC 3 June
- Delivery CPYC to Newport 6-7 June straight through
- Deliver to Tiverton 18 June for Around Aquidneck Race the next day
- Deliver to Block Island 20 June for BIRW
- Deliver to Noank Shipyard 16 September for Fall Off Soundings
- Deliver Greenport to Newport 19 September (Mon 20 Sept if LI Wine Tasting)
Please check your profile on the website to update your clothing sizes estimated weight for OD events and any updates for World Sailing (formerly ISAF) Screening with your World Sailing ID number. If you don’t have a number with screening and are unsure how to get one, send me a reply and I can help you. Information is also being gathered for COVID-19 contact tracing as described below.
COVID-19 Tracking Information: It is anticipated that similar to 2020, there may be COVID-19 contact tracing requirements. The J/109 Vento Solare website is setup to gather information and produce a report that many organizing authorities required. In support of this, some additional additional fields are included in your individual profile to capture the information. Please do the following:
- Go to the J/109 Vento Solare website and log in if you are not already logged in
- On the menu, mouse over Crew and click on Edit my Profile
- There are many fields listed – not all are required. I assume you already have your phone number entered. Please fill in the following additional fields:
- Below the Passport Data section is the Residence Address – please fill in all these fields
- Scroll down to the Emergency Contact section and fill in those fields (used for normal regatta registration, not required for Contact Tracing)
- Feel free to update any other fields
- Scroll down to the bottom and click the blue Update Profile button
If required by the organizing authority, a report will be produced and submitted.
There is no need to send me a separate email reply unless you want to pass on other information. I will be automatically notified when you set your availability on the website.